Sunday, November 30, 2008

Brownies

I have had a request to post the recipe I use for brownies. There are actually a few different ones I use but this one is REALLY easy. I LOVE this one. I don't really care to buy boxed brownies. Don't get me wrong, I will still eat them when given the chance. I just really like making them from scratch. If anyone has read the comment from a previous post it does not call for "Nine parts crack." Although, he sent me rolling on the ground with that comment. Here is your recipe:




EASY DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP BROWNIES

2 cups (12 ounce package) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, divided
1/2 cup butter or margarine cut into pieces
3 eggs
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional---I have never used them)

MELT 1 cup chocolate chips and butter in large, heavy saucepan over low heat; stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Add eggs; stir well. Add flour, sugar, baking soda and vanilla; stir well. Stir in remaining 1 cup chocolate chips (and nuts if wanted). Spread into greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.

BAKE in preheated 350 degree oven for 18 to 22 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. Cool completely. Cut into squares (or just grab a fork and eat straight from the pan.) ;)

Note: I have also added Reese's Peanut Butter chips to this recipe when adding in the remaining chocolate chips. You can adjust accordingly. It adds a delicious twist.

The picture above may look like a boring old pan of brownies. Now, picture making it festive topped with Peppermint ice-cream and chocolate sauce drizzled on it.



YUMMY!!!


(Please note that this is not my own recipe. It is just one that I really enjoy making.)

1 comment:

*~Petra~* said...

Mmmmmm.... I think you should post the recipe for the chocolate sauce so we can enjoy the full effect! :)