Thursday, February 19, 2009

Chicken Enchiladas

This is a very delicious recipe. I don't make it very often because I don't always have the right ingredients on hand and then I forget to buy them while I am out. I suggest to DOUBLE or TRIPLE the recipe because if you don't you won't have enough. At least that is how I have experienced it. We did triple it the other night because we brought dinner into someone and we definitely had enough with a little extra we placed in the freezer.



(Sorry about the plate...I forgot to take a picture of it the night before and this was leftover at lunch the next day so I was using a snowman plate! :/ )


Chick Enchiladas

1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
2 Tblsp. margarine
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tsp. chili powder
2 cups cooked chicken
1 can green chilies (diced or chopped)
1 can of mushrooms (I don't add unless Corey makes me put it on a few of them.)
8 flour tortillas (I use the ones they make at Walmart. If you use bigger shells you will probably not get 8 completed.)
Shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir together the soup and sour cream in a seperate bowl until smooth. In a saucepan over medium heat, cook onion and chili powder in hot margarine. Stir in chicken, mushrooms, chilies and 2 tablespoons of soup mixture. Remove from heat. Spread 1/4 cup of mixture along center of tortilla. Roll and place seam down in greased baking dish. Spread remaining mixture over enchiladas. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese for 5 more minutes. ENJOY!

Now remember to at least double this recipe. It'll be a hit.

1 comment:

*~Petra~* said...

Well it is about dang time you posted something new on here! LOL. Looks yummy. Can't wait to try it. :)