Monday, December 14, 2009

Sticky Chicken

Hello...Hello...Have you given up on me? I don't blame you if you have. I have been in hiding from this blog. I don't know why. I have had plenty of delicious ideas that I have wanted to post but just haven't. I apologize. So, here we go again. I tried out this recipe tonight and I absolutely had to share it. I found it from a recipe book called Go Forth To Serve.


Sticky Chicken
1 1/2 lbs. boneless,skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized strips
1 cup apricot or plum jam
1 cup fat free Catalina salad dressing or barbecue sauce
Saute the chicken strips until lightly browned. In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients. (I used apricot jam and Barbecue sauce. I don't know how the flavor of barbecue sauce you use will change the taste but you can experiment and get it to your liking.) Pour over chicken. Bring to a Boil; turn the heat to low. Partially cover. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes. Serve over rice.
Simple!!! It was so easy and delicious. I just had to share. If you use Catalina salad dressing let me know how it turned out for you. Also, tell me what your favotie BBQ choice was.

1 comment:

*~Petra~* said...

Mmmmmmm... I do meatballs in bbq sauce and peach jam all the time, so I know this must be tasty! We will have to give it a try :)