Thursday, January 15, 2009

WARNING!!! HEALTH TIPS!

Now remember, I warned you.

I told you when I started this it wasn't going to be all about recipes. I'm doing this to serve you up some of my favorite things.

Anyway, a few years ago I lost 40 pounds. This was back in 2004. I had a couple different work out videos that I would do on occasion but nothing really would work. Of couse I was very impatient, as I am now. I wanted results and I wanted them NOW! There was a certain talk show host that was concentrating on weight loss that year. He, I mean this host, had books out and plans. Well, I did get a book or two of this particular host. I hate fish and a lot of diet plans have this so I just stuck to what I eat on a regular basis but on a smaller scale. Basically, it came down to eat what you want but in smaller portions. I really liked the fact the we were allowed to have chocolate too. I started watching my portion sizes but allowed myself the sweet stuff too. On top of all this I decided to try out a new work out video. What could it hurt? The only problem was it was just the bar and videos it included. It was a step aerobics program. Here is their FREE advertisement.

THE FIRM is what I decided to start doing. I had to adjust a bit. I didn't have the steps. So, I used my stools that I had in my house. Probably not the smartest thing to do and I am not recommending it so don't hold me responsible if you decide to do something so irresponsible. One or two of the videos I had to use a chair to support myself when doing weights. They use the "Fanny lifter" for these routines. The stool was too low so I had to once again improvise. All I can say is that I am a HUGE believer in THE FIRM. I am doing it all again now. The only difference is that I have the actual steps a.k.a Fanny Lifter. This definitely is one of my favorite things.


Now, I know you all have your favorite work out routines, videos, or whatever. JUST....STICK...TO IT!!!! I will be the first to admit that I am extremely frustrated right now. I just have to tell myself that I am building muscle and the weight will start coming off. It happened five years ago. Since then I had two more kids and now I am working at getting all that weight off again. It will take time. DON'T....GIVE...UP!!! Once the weather is nice I will be going out for my walks again as well. Keep it going even if you don't see results. Something is happening but it might not show it on the scales just yet. These things do take time. I will be reading this over and over to remind myself of that. Good Luck to any of you who chose to be healthier as one of your New Years Resolution. I started this off before the New Year but I plan to stick to it. I will report back every so often. Maybe this will motivate me. My goal, if my body will allow it, is to lose 50 pounds by the end of the year. I'll be fine with 40 but it really would be nice to lose that extra 10.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm glad you found a workout that you really like and believe in!...sounds like a good one! Man, I was doing SO GOOD at exercising and eating since the start of this new year...then I got sick about a week ago...time to start all over again :(

Princess Hairstyles said...

I really need to be more motivated about this stuff. I do really well in the spring and summer, then start getting lazier and lazier the colder it gets. I'll have to look into the firm. So you need some type of a stool and weights, anything else?

R Clan said...

The Petersons:

It depends on what kind of FIRM program you buy. The original one I bought came with "The Firm Sculpting Stick." Some of the other videos I have bought haven't required much of anything else and they don't all use the steps or the sculpting stick. My three favorite ones uses both the steps and sculpting stick on top of 3, 5, and 8 pound dumbbells. You can buy heavier weights the stronger you get but those are the recommended starting weights.

*~Petra~* said...

I think it is absolutely funny that you posted this right after the post on the hot fudge sauce! LOL :)